What data do we collect?
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you contact us using the contact form, you will be asked to submit your name and email address. You also have the option of including a link to your own website. Your message is then sent via email to Admin@CraftyCatMum.com, along with the time and date your message was submitted and your IP address.
As you use the website (https://CraftyCatMum.com), we collect data on which pages you visit, how long you spend on the site and how you found us. We also use Google Analytics’ 3rd-party audience data such as age, gender and interests to better understand the behaviour of our customers.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Crafty Cat Mum with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Contact us through our contact form
- Leave a comment on a post
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies
How do we use your data?
We will use the data collected to:
- Respond to any queries sent via the contact form or comments section
- Evaluate the website’s performance and the impact of any marketing activity
- Where necessary, IP addresses are used to block interaction with the website (eg. viewing webpages, leaving comments or sending messages) – for example, to block spambots or hackers.
- Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. We use the Akismet anti-spam service for this purpose. They collect the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
How do we store your data?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Analytics data is retained by Google Analytics for 26 months. It is then automatically deleted.
Any information sent via our Contact Form is then stored in the Crafty Cat Mum Admin Inbox for up to twelve months after the last contact. It will then be deleted.
What are your data protection rights?
Crafty Cat Mum would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data held by us. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that Crafty Cat Mum complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Crafty Cat Mum’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Generally speaking, cookies will help improve your browsing experience. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site or others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser – The About Cookies website provides instructions on how to do this.
By using and browsing this website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with this policy – otherwise, please disable cookies in your browser or navigate away and clear cookies set by the website.
Cookies on this website are used for;
- Comments – If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Analytical/Performance Purposes – These allow us to recognise and calculate the number of visitors to the site, and see how visitors navigate when they are using it. Therefore, they help us improve the way our website functionality, for example, by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily. It also helps us evaluate the success of any marketing campaigns. You can find out more about Google Analytics’ Cookie Usage here.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or you feel that Crafty Cat Mum has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Telephone: 0303 123 1113